Modifications and Strings

1. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    I recently had a CA bridge installed on my A5-T. At the same time, going by recommendations from JakeMando and others on the cafe, I tried a set of GHS Silk 'n' Bronze strings. Wow! the volume and depth of tone really took a big jump on this thing. Really fell in love even more with it!Been playing the S n B for about a month, now, and started thinking of installing a set of DR MD11's I have to experiment with.Figured I'd record the sond as is , so I could compare the two better. Listening back, I'm not changing a thing yet! Nothing I want to alter right now. The CA, combined with these strings really seems to be a killer combination for these instruments. I highly recommend both!
  2. jake-mando
    jake-mando
    Hey Michael. Glad you like the silk and bronze. They are still my favourite string on my JB. You'll have to let me know if you try the DR's, and if they are better or not.
  3. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Jake, I decided to pass on the DR's. One of the things I really like about my A5-T is the tone it's developed. A really "sweet" sound. I'm afraid of losing that with the Dr's. Everybody comments on them being VERY bright. I am gonna try out a set of GHS A-270's. Been hearing good reports on them.