How is Everyone Doing?

1. Jandante
    Jandante
    Hi, It has been a while since I called in, and looks like that is the case with others too. Would love to join in some discussions.

I play in church three Sundays a month, but with two competent guitarists so if I miss a chord change I get by.

Blessings, Jan
  2. Gary Flye
    Gary Flye
    I would love to play in church, but it is traditional piano only. The preaching and teaching is excellent, which is more important to me, so I play hymns at home and Gospel songs at a local Bluegrass jam

Gary
  3. PH-Mando
    PH-Mando
    I played lead guitar in church for about ten years. In the last few of those years I began incorporating some mandolin. It was very well received and suitable for the type of worship style being played. The music was guitar oriented: acoustic rhythm and electric lead (clean sound with a little reverb). When I began using the mandolin it added a very nice sound along with the rhythm guitar. The biggest challenge was amplification of the acoustic mandolin. We were string band oriented because we had no piano player. We have a great sax player, however.
  4. Jim Kirkland
    Jim Kirkland
    Wow it has been a while since I have been here. I am still playing in church on special occasions. I am playing both the guitar and mandolin. Gospel is my focus. Jim