Alright, I'm In!

1. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    All the love for these J Boviers, (and the few sound clips I found) convinced me! I've got an email into Kyle at the Mandoshop, enlisting his help picking the best one for my particular wants. Should be a good one! This is a lateral move for me, price-wise, but my ears have just been looking for a change. (I was notorious for this kinda stuff with basses in my previous life as a musician). I have an end goal I'm working toward, this is just another milepost on that trip. I can't wait to get it here and start playing it! Oh, it's gonna be one of the A5 T models Kyle has in stock. I can definitely live with some pliner woods, but better sounds.
  2. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Just sent in my order for #11407. I liked the looks best, and Kyle said he thought it fit my tone requirements best of the 3. Can't Wait!

3. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    UPS Tracking shows my new JB "Out for Delivery"! ARRRRGGGGHHHHH! I'm so tempted to take a mental health day, and wait for it. Oh well, it'll be here waiting when I get home. Quick question for you JB A owners. Do you attach your strap at the headstock, or at the base of the neck? Is there enough fretboard to loop the strap underneath? I'd rather not go with a strap pin there.
  4. jake-mando
    jake-mando
    I added a strap button to heel of the neck on my A5.
  5. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    The shoestring-type tie on the end of my strap went under there and tied just fine. I really prefer that to drilling a hole (for me, anyway). I've been having a blast playing this thing the past couple of days. Really glad I got it! Thanks to everyone in the group for the help and info.