Anybody Still Playing MM?

1. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Looks like NO activity around here for a year! Does anybody still play their Morgan Monroe?I'm in the process of getting a MDM-2, would love too discuss stuff with other owners.
  2. BIG Dave J
    BIG Dave J
    My MMS-7 is still my main instrument. One of my music classmates plays an MMS-8. We both sound great and have no complaints.
  3. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Great! Good to hear form you, Dave. I just got informed a couple of days ago that my kids are giving me the MDM-2 for Father's Day. I played one a couple of months ago, and I'm really looking forward to getting into it. Nice to hear somebody still happy with their MM mandos.
  4. BIG Dave J
    BIG Dave J
    You might ask for a couple of good picks too - the Wegens really make the MMs sing out!
  5. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    I'll have to try the Wegens, I've heard so much good about them. Just got the mando in today, and I'm lovin' it! Put a new set of J-74's on tomorrow, and get it setup in the next several days, and should be a fun one to play. Definitely a Bluegrasser!
  6. Gordon Mc
    Gordon Mc
    I have had a few Mandolins, and sometime ago I sold my MM, and kicked myself you know where many times, and now have another one. I wrote to MM, and their response was great. I bought one of the original rockytop models, the MMS-1, and after a couple adjustments, it is a sweet machine. This one is going to stay in my collection. Glad to find this group, Thanks, for all of the other info here.
    Sincerely,
    Grampe