Jacobsen #34

1. Killian King
    Killian King
    I'm definitely naming it "Big Papi".

Go sox!!
  2. Marty Jacobson
    Marty Jacobson
    Ok, Killian, I'll try to figure out a way to work the Green Monster into headstock... :-)
  3. dusty miller
    dusty miller
    Other than the Boston Red Sox symbol at the twelve fret, what kind of design ideas do you have for that one? Or too soon to say?
  4. Killian King
    Killian King
    No green monster necessary. I just want it to be "money" like Papi was in the world series. I plan to leave the aesthetics of the instrument in Marty's capable hands (and mind).

As far as design, I am definitely spending a fair amount of time thinking about that one. I know I want a certain nut width, larger frets, and a radiused fretboard, but other than that, I am wide open.

I plan to wait and listen to clips from the summer batch (I already frequently listen to the existing clips), and hope I can just say "like that one."

My problem is it seems I like the sound best of whichever one I heard last.I am narrowing it down some though.
  5. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Instead of "Jacobson" on the headstock, how about a picture of Bill Buckner, with the ball going between his feet? (Sorry, couldn't resist that one!)
  6. Mike Arakelian
    Mike Arakelian
    To a BoSox fan that's cruel Mike. At least they have three series titles in the past decade to make their fans proud.

Killian...I think Big Papi is a perfect name for #34. Maybe you can get Marty to put the Sox logo on the head stock . I'm originally from Boston (the North Shore - Peabody), so BoSox all the way. I'll eventually be the proud owner of Black Tie #3, so I'll be looking out for build progress on #34 as well.

Happy Piking...Mike