Is anybody here???

1. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Is this outfit still alive? Surely there's more mandolin pickers in Mid Tenn than this and somebody has something to say??? Is anybody going to the Madison Bluegrass Festival, behind Shoney's in the Madison Square Shopping Center...My Mixt Company bunch will be playing around 7:30...Hope to see some of you.
  2. bgjunkie
    bgjunkie
    I'm still out here. My kids baseball and softball schedules keep me running. I didn't know about the Madison Bluegrass Festival. When is it?
  3. bgjunkie
    bgjunkie
    I just googled it and found that it was this weekend. I need to start learning about things in advanced so that I can plan ahead. It's like the emails from Fiddle & Pick in Peagram that I get that announce events "tonight".
  4. Andrew Roberts
    Andrew Roberts
    Dave, I was not aware of the Madison Bluegrass Festival last weekend, although I was in Chicago watching the USA soccer team win their World Cup qualifying game! Anyways, after checking out the website for the festival I learned about Larry's Grand Ole Garage. It sounds pretty cool. I have been hoping to find a place to play some with other people, and was wondering if you knew anything about this jam, how friendly it is to newcomers, and whether or not you or any of you other middle Tennessee pickers ever go.
  5. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Hey Andrew...Larry's has jams on Tuesday nights, and second and fourth Saturday nights. On first and third Saturdays they have band nights with regular shows by several bands. I don't like the way they do their jams. It's the "sit in a circle" , the leader calls who's next, There's a bunch of older folks in the audience who come up to sing, clutching tattered pieces of paper containing words to Hank songs or Kitty Wells songs and have no idea what key they sing them in...The band nights are generally good. My band plays there most of those. You might still be interested in the jam. They're friendly folks and you'll be welcomed ..I just don't like that kind of jam...
  6. Andrew Roberts
    Andrew Roberts
    Haha, thanks for the honesty Dave. Unfortunately I don't know many Hank songs. Regardless, it does look like a cool place. Make sure you let us know when Mixt Company will be playing next, I would love to come hear you guys.
  7. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Mixt Company will be playing at Larry's Grand Ole Garage, E. Maple St. in Madison, Tn on July 4th. The festivities begin around four PM with a fish fry and BBQ dinner. Music begins around sixish, I think. I'm sure there'll be several bands. Come on out. For further info contact me on the Cafe.