Our Videos and Sound files Vault

1. bouzoukiboy
    bouzoukiboy
    I thought it might be nice to have one area to place our videos and sound clips, once we have already posted the initial "Show and Tell" video of our Bouzoukis..
    Might be nice to have future clips ......all in one place and easier to locate.
    This then...would be that place! By the way...Please feel free to offer any advice to make this social group more enjoyable and informative..this is totally new to me!!
    Cheers... Dale
  2. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Good idea Dale to have the one spot so that others can find them easily. I agree with you.
  3. Kyle Baker
    Kyle Baker
    Here is my rendition of "The frost is all over" as played by Planxty.
    Jack Spira 620mm bouzouki tuned GDAD.

Cheers!
    Kyle
  4. bouzoukiboy
    bouzoukiboy
    Kyle...one word...."Teriffic". That tuning of GDAD is very modal sounding and has that "traditional flavor" to it..for sure. One of the reasons we both play this instrument. Nicely played and inspiring. Well done. Hope you are enjoying the long weekend....Dale
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A lovely instrument and super playing, Kyle. Great tone there.

Here is a link to a tune I have already posted over on the SAW group featuring my own-build bouzouki - the only one I have made, and built as a result of a friend asking why I had not made a bouzouki but only octaves and mandolins!

6. Eddie Sheehy
    I put this together fon a McDonald zouk - GGDDAADD - for a backing on the Song A Week Groups tune... I hope to add tinwhistle and mandolin...

7. Kyle Baker
    Kyle Baker
    I recently learned these two tunes while listening to a recording by the Bagpipes & Drums of the Emerald Society Chicago police dept.
    I thought the tunes would go well on the bouzouki and was right, but had never heard the tunes before. I believe both tunes were composed by members of the band, so it's no wonder they were unknown to me.
    Anywho, I screwed up the end of Bonnie MacGraith's, but who will ever know? haha
    Sláinte,
    Kyle

8. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Eddie, interesting backing for El Condor Pasa there. I like the use of the high register to begin with then returning down from the "dusty end" as you ptogress.
    Kyle, the two tunes are well suited to the bouzouki. As you have said in your PM to me, you have found out they were written by members of the Chicago Police Pipe Band. This could well account for their Irish titles - The famous collection "The Dance Music of Ireland" (aka O'Neill's 1001) was compiled around 1907 by Francis O'Neill, at one time General Superintendent of Police in Chicago and the man in honour of whom "Chief O'Neill's Favourite" was composed, so the Irish had and I imagine still have a strong influence in music in that area.
    I like the lion rampant on you fingerboard - very Scottish!
  9. Kyle Baker
    Kyle Baker
    Thanks John!
  10. bouzoukiboy
    bouzoukiboy
    Nice job Kyle. What a nice full sound to that recording. That zouk is a monster..for sure. Are you using a condenser microphone? What ever it is...it is capturing the full rage of your instrument. Dale
  11. Kyle Baker
    Kyle Baker
    on that video it was just using the integrated mic on my microsoft lifecam. I do have a USB condensor, but it doesnt jive well with the camera so I didnt use it.
    Thanks!
  12. Eddie Sheehy
    Christmas Time: