So where are the old-timey jam sessions around Chicago?

1. John Hasbrouck
    John Hasbrouck
    My new/old Stella mando is itching to get out there and play some fiddle tunes...
  2. Dave Ashby
    Dave Ashby
    Hi. I'm new to this group. My name is Dave. I'm in Woodstock, IL. The first Saturday of every month there is an open mike at the Masthouse at 528 E. Calhoun St. www.woodstockfolkmusic.com/masthouse/ . The second Saturday, S.O.T.A has an open mic at the Java Planet Coffee Shop in Woodstock. www.spiritofthearts.com . The second and fourth Fridays there is an open mic at Stage Left Cafe, right next door to the historic Woodstock Opera House. On Sept. 20th is the Harvest Fest on the Woodstock Square featuring fiddle, banjo, guitar and mandolin competitions with cash prizes and other goodies. For info, email Keith Johnson at blueloom@sbcglobal.net .
  3. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Great info, Dave! Thanks.
  4. Dave Ashby
    Dave Ashby
    . . . and I forgot - every Wednesday afternoon at 1:00 PM at the Masthouse 528 E. Calhoun St. is a jam/rehearsal, etc. with fiddles, mandolins (natch), hurdy gurdies, all kinds of dulcimers, banjos 'n concertinas and whatever else.
    For info contact Amy Beth at 815-338-4245, amybethsings@yahoo.com or Gary Plazyk at 815-568-7282, g_plazyk@ix.netcom.com .