Help

1. Bigbird303
    Bigbird303
    I am new to this group and I need some advice. A senior neighor gave me a Driftwood Mandolin A body in beautiful shape and it sounds wonderful. Here is my problem, he is a senor lonly gentelman who is giving away a lot of his stuff because we spend time with him. from what I understand, this is an extremely valuable instriment and I dont want to take advantage of him. Can someone tell me what this Driftwood is worth as I wish to repay him in some way for the gift he gave me. Here is the spicifics:
    Driftwood by Poe
    Made in August of 2005
    Number 21
    Any help you can give me will be appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Welcome to the group BigBird303 (interesting moniker). Can you show us some pictures, because the value depends on its condition and custom features. I have an A-model Poe and could make an educated guess. Amandalyn, who is in this group sold a two-point Driftwood model not too long ago. You might want to PM her to ask the selling price.
  3. Bigbird303
    Bigbird303
    I cant figure out how to post the picture on this site
  4. Amandalyn
    Amandalyn
    Please give us more info...condition, description, post pics of front and back.
  5. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    In the Social Groups, I think you need to post to the general photo album. Click on the "Add Pictures" button after entering the group forum, then follow the upload procedure. If you need more guidance, check "Reading and Posting Messages" under the Forum Guidelines (see top of page to navigate).
  6. F5G WIZ
    F5G WIZ
    By August 2005 Andy was already building his Poe mandolins, mine is #5 and the date in it is June 2005, so this is one of the last Driftwoods he made. Without seeing pictures of the mandolin or knowing exactly what shape it is in, I would guess its resale value to be between 1500-2500 dollars. Andy's instruments have increased quite a bit in value in the last few years so that number could be higher. I believe Andy used Laquer finishes on his Driftwoods. Either way that is a very nice gift and like most of Andy's mandolins is a one of a kind.