Hi

1. neil argonaut
    neil argonaut
    Don't know if folk are still checking this, but if so, hello. I've just got round to registering for the forum after half a year of reading it; I'm new to the mandolin having started playing in March (2011) and based in glasgow.
  2. Shelagh Moore
    Shelagh Moore
    Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forum! I do check this group most days and we hope to reach a critical mass soon. I've been playing a looooooong time now and am now based near Falkirk. What kind of music do you play?

Cheers,

Richard
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Welcome Neil! I too have been watching this forum with interest for a while and after my last post I sort of forgot about it till just now. I am based near Dunoon on the Clyde and tomorrow evening will be up at Whistlefield Inn for our local monthly open-mic session which is on the first Friday of every month. We get a very good turn-out and a lot of folk come just to listen, many from quite a distance away.
  4. neil argonaut
    neil argonaut
    Mainly Bluegrass and fiddle tunes, but trying to learn a bit of other stuff;

last time i was in dunoon was for the highland games back when i was a kid;

neil
  5. Niall Anderson
    Niall Anderson
    Hi there. I'm based in Edinburgh, and play mainly Scottish traditional tunes in a couple of local sessions.

Been meaning to ask everyone's views - would it be worth pushing this group on the other relevant forums elsewhere on Mandolin Cafe?
  6. neil argonaut
    neil argonaut
    Might be an idea, I'm sure there are at least a few users of the cafe in scotland who aren't aware of this group. However, it might be worth making clear that it's a group for folk in scotland (or nearby!) and not one for folk interested in scottish music but in the US or wherever (not that I've got anything against that, just that another group would prob be appropriate)

n