So anyone play in an ensemble of any type?

1. Elliot Luber
    Elliot Luber
    I've been working on a few rock and folk tunes with my brother-in-law who is a talented guitarist, but we don't have a heck of a lot of time. I played solo once at open Mic night at The Cup across from the Wantagh LIRR station, but mandolin isn't a great solo instrument for clubs. Anyone else have anything interesting going on?
  2. LKN2MYIS
    LKN2MYIS
    What was the name you guys came up with for the group?
  3. MT_player
    MT_player
    I have two projects in which I play mandolin. One is an acoustic rock band consisting of mandolin, acoustic guitar, electric bass, and drums. We cover a range of stuff including Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin, fiddle tunes, choros, and original material. The other group is a trio of mandolin, acoustic guitar, and string bass. The trio does more jazz and latin influenced instrumental music with the occasional Bill Monroe instrumental thrown in. Neither band has a name yet so any suggestions are quite welcome.
    Mike
  4. MT_player
    MT_player
    I posted some tracks that my band recorded earlier this week on archive.org. I would love to hear any feedback,

http://www.archive.org/details/Worki...StringBandDemo
  5. Elliot Luber
    Elliot Luber
    LKN... We were going to call it Heavy Maple, but we thought better of it.
  6. Elliot Luber
    Elliot Luber
    MT -- I like it. Sort of a mix of styles going on there. Very nice. I like your tone on Watson Blues a lot. When you said your "band," I was expecting something a little less refined, but a pleasant surprise.
  7. LKN2MYIS
    LKN2MYIS
    'Heavy Maple' is a good name.
  8. MT_player
    MT_player
    Thank you Santiago, glad you enjoyed our demo. Watson Blues is a keeper, such a great tune