Clareen Pearl Short Scale TB

1. smokester
    smokester
    Hi
    I'm considering buying a Clareen 17 Fret Pearl TB. Can anyone report on this Banjo.
  2. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    I got a chance to play a short scale Clareen Pearl at Tom's shop a few years back - I really liked it, so much so that I was nearly tempted to get it. At the time I was saving to move to the States, so level headedness prevailed, and here I sit, in America, with no Clareen banjo in sight!
  3. smokester
    smokester
    I'm no longer thinking of buying it. I've bought it. Only problem is he doesn't have one in stock and I have to wait 8 - 10 weeks for it to be made, so in the short-term like yourself " here I sit with no Clareen Banjo in sight".
    Ah well in the meantime I have my Rover Banjo, cheap(ish) but not bad to begin on.
    What kind of Banjo do you play Jill.
  4. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    I've two at the moment - a late teens-early twenties ish Fairbanks-Vega Style M with Tubaphone tonering, short scale, open back, and an early '20's Lange made Triple X, short scale with a close fitting resonator. The Vega is my main banjo but the Triple X is a lovely player as well. Picked them both up here in the States for cheap.