Something new

1. monkeytroy
    monkeytroy
    Looks like there have been no posts in the SEV group. Just thought I would refresh it with some comments...

Still a couple months away, but I saw some old posts asking about Cabin Fever. In case you don't know, it's a HUGE picking party in Hampton each winter. I guess it started out with a small group and has grown to a rather large event that takes over a whole hotel each year. There are vendors, bands playing all weekend long and of course.. lots of jams. Website! http://www.cabinfeverpickinparty.com/

I saw some old posts about the Hampton Roads Mandolin Ensemble (HRME). Is that still going on? Contact infomation the same?

Last year Jim Hockett arranged a workshop with Danny Knicely out of Jim's house. Lots of players were there and it was a great time and learning experience for all... even if mostly I learned that I will never be as good as Danny. haha Maybe later in the spring we could do it again.. Jim? wink wink.. nudge nudge!

Anything else? Whats up people!?!?

-Fred
  2. John Kasley
    John Kasley
    Yes, the Hampton Roads Mandolin Ensemble is still picking away. We're looking for others to join us, especially mandola players. We rehearse weekly, rotating between VA Beach and Williamsburg. You don't need to audition to join, but you do need to be able to read standard notation (or have the willingness to learn). The contact information previously listed is still valid. Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info.