BRW LT-H4-E #59 checks in . . .

1. 40bpm
    40bpm
    Greetings BRW lovers. Just found this social group and thought I'd better join. I am fortunate to own BRW LT-H4-E #59 finished on Aug. 16, 2006. I purchased this mando right here on the cafe and it's become my main mandolin out of the 4 I currently own.

Now for a few biased words - I love this tone machine. Warm powerful low end and a surprisingly clean, clear high end. This is the easiest mandolin I've ever played. I like to play all those jazz demented7th chords and the radius fretboard and low action makes it easy.

Count me as BRW member. Picture added to the group photos.
    Jan Lautzenheiser
  2. MandoPheel
    MandoPheel
    Welcome Jan!
    Is your LT-H4-E the same one that was reviewed on Jazzmando.com? It looks very much like it, though the tailpiece looks different. It really is gorgeous! There seems to be a preponderance of LT-H4-E owners in this group (not that it's a bad thing).

I have the same feelings about my J-16. Ben's work is all about tone; for the J-16, it's warm and sweet, yet punchy and loud. And it plays like a dream.

Happy Pickin'!

Phil
  3. 40bpm
    40bpm
    Hello Phil - I don't believe it's the exact mando reviewed on jazzmando - the tailpiece and soundhole rosette are different. It's a very dark looking mando with the tortoise binding and dark top stain. What a fabulous playing instrument. It really is the easiest mandolin for playing those jazz chords - not to mention the lush, full sound.

The J-16 looks like my kind of instrument and would like to play one someday. I was tempted by the one in the cafe classifieds recently, but I'd have to sell a mando to buy a mando.

Thanks for the reply - I didn't see it until today - I guess I'll have to check back more often. It would be nice if we could "subscribe" to the BRW forum and get an email alert when there's activity.

Hope you're enjoying your BRW - I'd love to see pictures so post a few if you can.

Jan
  4. LKN2MYIS
    LKN2MYIS
    Welcome, Jan!

I also have a BRW Lt-H4-E. It is my avatar here on the Cafe.

I am sure you will be enjoying yours - it is a great instrument!

John (lkn2myis here on the Cafe)