Fiddle cafe'?

1. walt33
    walt33
    What are everybody's favorite fiddle-based websites, that might be comparable to Mandolin Cafe? I'm on Fiddle Hangout, but I'm wondering what else is out there.

Walt
  2. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    Hey Walt--good question. I imagine that most of us peruse the FHO too, but I'm not familiar with other sites. I'm not looking either--I'm on too many instrument sites already!
  3. billkilpatrick
    i've logged onto violinist.com:

http://www.violinist.com/

... "fiddles" take second fiddle but there's some great tips on tone and the like. plus no one to date has written things like "gol' durned" and "dad gummed" and - wonder of wonders - "you're" is sometimes even spelled correctly!
  4. farmerjones
    farmerjones
    i like Fiddleforum.com better than FHO.
    FHO is newer and has an OT bent.
    Fiddleforum is operated from the UK, so it has a more global feel.
    Fiddlefork is a smaller Canadian based forum. The Fork has been going for quite awhile, and has undergone, changes in managment.
    Then there's also Meastronet, and String Asylum.
    Nothing close to Mandolin Caf'e in valid, inteligent, and focused content.
  5. walt33
    walt33
    Thanks for all the leads, folks. I like farmerjones's reference to MC's "valid, intelligent, and focused content." That's what I'm looking for in a fiddle forum. Guess this place really is a treasure!
  6. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    Thanks farmerJ-. I'm more interested in Irish, French-Canadian, cajun, and Scandinavian styles than OT. I'll have to check those out.

I agree with the commentary--it's why I spend more time here than elsewhere--even though I rarely play mando anymore..