Hey All, PLEAAAAAAASE HELLLLPP!!!!!

1. droptheleash11
    droptheleash11
    Hello! I am a newly introduced mandolin player, however I am one of the select special few who are graced with the left hand phenom. I have been wanting to get into mandolin for several years, but have just decided recently to venture into the unknown. I cannot believe how incredibly hard it is to find a decent(cheap) priced mando in true left hand. Can anyone please give me some clues on how to find what i'm looking for(either a or f style) without sending me to google, where the same 10 website offering 1 or 2 lefts way out my price range is found.
    Thanks, and look forward to my days here at the mandocafe
  2. lefty mandoman
    lefty mandoman
    When you say cheap, what is your price range? You can PM me directly if you'd like, i'm quite sure i can get you going in the right direction...i was there about 5 years ago.
  3. richieb
    richieb
    try cheapmandolins.com They have an a model Johnson lefty for $110 bucks. Yes, it's made in China, but what do we expect at that price. I've had one for 2 years and it's very playable, a great beginner mando. The only problem I had with mine is I had some fret buzz up the neck. I solved that by raising the bridge, it's one that has 2 thumbwheel things on each side. You raise or lower the bridge by turning them.

I ready to move on now, I'm having a lefty hand made for me at big muddy mandolins in Missouri. His base price is about $500 and goes up from there, mostly depending on what type of wood you want. They are all handmade, and people love their mandolins.

Heck, maybe I'll sell you my old lefty, but I'll probably keep it as my beater model.

Play Nice!
  4. Roger Wheeler
    Roger Wheeler
    Hope you found a mando in your price range. Let us know if you need any more assistance!!
  5. tofutti
    tofutti
    I bought a new beginnier lefty on eBay for $100 on a winning bid and that's about what it was worth I quickly realized. It didn't stay in tune but had fairly decent tone. It was good to start with because I had no idea whether or not I would like playing the mando. One month later I bought myself a brand new $1300 model for $650 on a winning bid on eBay from a store in Quebec that has turned out to be the perfect mando for me to play for, let's say, the next five years until I earn the priviledge ugrading to one that is handbuilt for me.