Go Wings!

1. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Any other Wing Nuts out there? Looking for a repeat! Mandolin content: I usually noodle around during games and practice between periods.
  2. jasona
    jasona
    Major Red Wings fan here. Hope they make it to the third round so I can see more than the odd game (the second round matches of the Wings aren't well covered here in Canada).
  3. Steve Ostrander
    Steve Ostrander
    I'm a senior hockey player and a serious Wings fan. 10th place in the West in Dec. is no way to start a season. They better get their game on. If the playoffs were held right now they wouldn't even make it in
  4. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    From Steve-o to Steve O: Glad to hear from other Wings fans. Yes, it's been a tough season so far with the all injuries and mediocre performance. They've certainly lost the eye of the tiger. Even Nashville is ahead of us - that's no hockeytown! (We can say that on a Michigan Social Group, right?) Let's go Red Wings!
  5. Paul Merlo
    Paul Merlo
    Yea, it's been a tough season so far... But I like their chances when Franzen, Filppula, Williams and Kronwall come back. I little adversity now should help this young team in the long run. Besides, there's a team every year that's struggling around the midseason point, rallies to make the playoffs and then makes a good run for the Cup. (kinda like those *&^(@ Penguins last year ;-)
  6. luckylarue
    luckylarue
    Ahh - looks like the Sleeper Has Awakened - and not a moment too soon. I think the Wings match up well against the Sharks. They've been great against them all season. Pheonix was the team I knew would give the Wings trouble. One big hurdle out of the way.

How cool is this! Wings & mandos, two of my favorite things.
  7. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Lucky - Nice to see some Wings fans come out of the woodwork. Yeah, the Wings-Sharks match up is a good one, and the Wings usually come out on top, however, they need to be more consistent! I hope you weren't an Av's fan, since the Sharks downed them (and we all know that Wings fans cannot be Avs fans). Time to break out the mandolin and a cold one and root for the home team. Enjoy!
  8. luckylarue
    luckylarue
    Steve-O - Avs fan?!? - How could you suggest such a thing. I still consider them the Nordiques. Just foolin' a bit - I'm a huge hockey fan - period. I did see a few Avs' games when I used to lived in CO and I actually went to see the Wings beat the Avs in Denver back in March. I was amazed at how many Wings fans there are in the Denver/CO area. Great fun. If Jimmy plays well they should beat the Sharks. Go Wings!
  9. Steve-o
    Steve-o
  10. luckylarue
    luckylarue
    Yikes - I'm trying to muster up the energy to even watch the game tonight. Ernie's passing has really let the wind out of my sails. If they some how win then next two, I'll start to believe.
  11. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Lucky,
    Well, I hope you got to see tonight's game! I was sitting in a meeting during the first period, checking the score on my smart phone and I thought for a minute I was picking up misinformation (score 5-0 in first period and Franzen had 4 of them). The I sped home to watch the last 2 periods. By then they had taken away one of Mule's goals, but he got it back later. 7-1 final. Now that's the Wings we know and love. Onward!
  12. luckylarue
    luckylarue
    Steve-O - I didn't watch the game (we don't have cable/dish, etc. and my buddy gets versus but they were showing the Mont/Pitts game - such is life for a wings fan in the southwest!) but I did listen to it over the internet - Ken Cale & Paul Woods on WXYT. Franzen's hat trick within a five minute span was crazy. They couldn't stop him. I think the key was Babs changing up the lines - moving mule back w/ Hank & Bert. That line was unstoppable. One game at a time.
  13. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    I guess this thread will go into hibernation now...
  14. luckylarue
    luckylarue
    Ah well - more time for music, cycling, etc.