Post your videos!

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    For those who are itchin' to get this thing going, we are also going to open the discussions for other tunes. If you are participating in the Song of the Week, please post those videos in the appropriate discussion.

If you want to post videos of you playing the tune of your choice, the instrument of your choice, please do! This way, the number of different tunes in this group will grow faster!

If someone posts a tune that you want to respond to, with your version of the same tune, do it there, so later on, when searching tunes, they'll be grouped together.

To try to have some continuity, please put the name of the tune as the subject in a new discussion;other versions of that tune, please post as a reply in that discussion.

Make sense?
  2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Sounds good and makes sense, too. I might. One of these days.

Bertram
  3. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    Hello everyone,

I've been lurking a for a few days, and now I'm here. I do have some technical questions about posting videos:

It seems that all of you are embedding YouTube videos. Is that the easiest (or only) way? If so, then I need to:
    1) Join YouTube
    2) Post the videos there
    3) Embed into my posts here.

Is there another way?

Thanks, and I've enjoyed all the tunes,

DWP
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Hi, and welcome! As of now, the only videos that can be directly embedded into the message boards & social groups, are YouTube videos. But, if you wish to have your videos on another site, you can always just link to them in your discussion or reply.

However, if you want to put them up on YouTube, yes, you join YouTube (it's free), then upload your video to YouTube. Once you've done that, from your YouTube video, there is a place on the right that says "embed". You highlight that url, and copy it. Then, in your message here, you click the 'tube' icon above the message panel, and paste the url of your video, click OK, and it will be embedded into your message here on our social group discussion!

Barb
  5. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    Sounds easy, Thanks. My son will be thrilled that I'm joining YouTube.

As it turns out, he used my camera to take a clip of me playing my new mandolin, after I'd had it for a whole hour. Not a bad clip either, until the goofiness at the end (he's ten, so goofiness will ensue...)

So I'll make an attempt at another clip soon.

DWP
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    We'll be looking forward to it! It get's easier as you go along. And, don't worry about goofiness, there's plenty of goofy GROWNUPS here at the cafe!
  7. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    I keep getting errors uploading videos to Utube. It only takes about half the video. So here's some videos of me playing I've put up on the web. A couple of them are examples of playing out of GDGD tuning which is a whole lotta fun.

http://www.dongrieser.net/movies.html
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Don, someone more savvy than me will have to help you with you tube uploading problems... BUT, I see you've got them on the internet elsewhere, where you can link to them, so, at least we can check them out there!