I am on the list

1. Matthew Carver
    Matthew Carver
    Well its now official, I am on the list.

It will be the econodistressed A-model. The only changes I made was blank ebony fretboard, no dot inlays.

No comes the hard part.....the wait, but it will be worth it.
  2. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    Way to go Matthew...I think Ken won't take a real long time on the "no frills" A model...take a listen to an A model on the myspace site, in the latest blog just posted...
  3. Matthew Carver
    Matthew Carver
    Hey DC, even on my HP Notebook's tiny speakers that mando sounded good!

Love the myspace site.
  4. Patrick Sylvest
    Patrick Sylvest
    Welcome aboard Matthew! You're in for a very pleasant surprise!
  5. Marni Sorrick
    Marni Sorrick
    Matthew - if you are like me, you are anxious and trying to be patient as you wait for Ken to notify you that he is working on your mandolin. He is working on mine now, and my wait was about 3 months. He is sending me photos now every few days, as the work progresses. When he is finished I will post them all so you can see the progression, if you like. He is building me a left-handed A model.
  6. Matthew Carver
    Matthew Carver
    Hey Marni, yes please, I would love to see your photos, that will help me pass the time. Ken said he will start on mine Jan 2010. I have since talked to him and now I am going to have him make me one of his econos for $1500. His A model just looks so right to me, plus the sound clips I have heard even through computer speakers helped me make my choice. Ken has been a joy to work with and has answered all of my many emails.
  7. Marni Sorrick
    Marni Sorrick
    I put 9 photos in an album linked to my profile, and also posted them here w/ other Silver Angel photos. They are numbered 1 - 9, so you can see the progression.
  8. jasona
    jasona
    Congrats!

I really can't believe how my A5 is sounding these days!
  9. Marni Sorrick
    Marni Sorrick
    Jason - How long have you had it now?
  10. Matthew Carver
    Matthew Carver
    Thanks for posting the photos Marni-----I cant wait to hear what you think of it when you get it. What appointments did you choose?
  11. jasona
    jasona
    Hi Marni,

I got it in 2004. Its a 2002 model owned by another Cafe member before me.
  12. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    The photos look good, Marni. Won't be long now.
  13. Marni Sorrick
    Marni Sorrick
    Matt - I asked for tortoise binding (no white in the binding), narrower nut, dots beginning at the 3rd fret and dots on the side of the neck, Orrico tailpiece, oil varnish finish, and sort of a honey stain (not too dark) so the binding will stand out a bit in relief. No distress. Last Ken told me, he was sanding it to prep it for staining. But I did ask him to distress the tuner buttons so they would be darker, and not cream or white. Not sure exactly what he does to those buttons to make them look like that, I think it's a "secret recipe."
  14. Matthew Carver
    Matthew Carver
    Marni - your mandolin is going to look great, I like your choices. Im getting excited for you!