Intro

1. shawnee creek
    shawnee creek
    Hi, my name is Mike Holmes and I live in the other end of the ozarks at Eminence,Mo. I'm not much of a player but I enjoy building mandolins. My wife works for an attorney in Harrison and I have a daughter that lives in Green Forest.
  2. rbird
    rbird
    Would love to see some of your work. Do you have photos?

Ron
  3. shawnee creek
    shawnee creek
    Ron, I'm listed on the builders section as Shawnee Creek. Or you can log on to Shawneecreekwoodworks.com Thanks, Mike
  4. shawnee creek
    shawnee creek
    Ron, You can also ask John Martin about them. Emmie Reith of Southern Raised plays one. Mike
  5. hank
    hank
    Hi Mike, I heard Carol from Little Rock speak highly of you. My wife Donna and I enjoy camping and hiking. My hat is off to you for your service as one of the caretakers of our beautiful parks here.
  6. rbird
    rbird
    Wow! Beautiful work! I might have to come up and see you when we take the kids to Silver Dollar City.
  7. shawnee creek
    shawnee creek
    Ron, Eminence is about two hours east of Branson, but I am in Harrison a week or so every month. We are getting ready to go to Mt View to see Doyle at the Folk Center tonight. Do you know Tim Hill? I just got an e-mail from him about one of their shows in Springdale on Dec 5. Mike
  8. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    My name is Mike Snyder, and I live in SE Kansas. I lived in NE Arkansas for a while, and was close enough to Mt. View for day visits. I thought I'd join the group and try to keep track of the goings-on as far as festivals and jams. I'll drive quite a ways for a good jam, so keep me posted. I'd love to try out a Shawnee Creek, Mike. I've heard good things about them.
  9. shawnee creek
    shawnee creek
    Hi Mike, They have a good spring and fall festival in Mt View. We were there for the Gospel night and along with Doyle Lawsen had some good groups. Rhonda Vincent and Monroe Crossing will be there in the spring.

I saw in a previous post that you go to Starvy Creek, maybe I can meet you there or at the Harrison festival next summer. Mike
  10. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    I've had some good times at Starvy and Harrison, although the weather is so HOT! The fiddlers convention in Harrison is a not-to-be-missed deal, too. February, I think. I seldom get that far East since I moved back to Kansas.