O'Carolan's Concerto

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is an mp3 of O'Carolan's Concerto, multi-tracked in Garage Band, I'm playing melody on one track, and chords on another, both on my Collings MT2O. I'm just starting to learn playing rhythm, so Garage Band is really a good practice tool!

Note: I'm just not smart enough to figure out how to link to the exact post in the thread (even though I tried following the directions Scott described.. well, by the time I read that, I'd gone on from the page that he said the link would be displayed in the address bar). So, this link goes to the MP3 thread, and you have to scroll down to get to my reply with the mp3 attached!
  2. OldSausage
    OldSausage
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    What I can't seem to figure out (remember, I'm new on my Mac!), is how to get the URL of my mp3 attachment!
  4. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    If you click the link to the mp3 with the Control key held down, you should get a menu popup with a choice like "Copy link" or "Copy link location". The clicking the mouse with the control key held down on a Mac is the equivalent of a right mouse click on a PC.
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    OS, thanks a million! I tried calling my son (my Mac connection) but he didn't answer!

So, to duplicate what OS did, Click Here

So, what's this Google Player? Am I to assume it's already on my computer, since it opened right up and played it?
  6. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Google player is a Flash based application, so it loads over the web without needing to be installed.
  7. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Hey Barbara, that was great. You're already a pro at multitracking. One suggestion: let that last note ring out as long as you can and then put a fade out on it in GarageBand for a less abrupt/more pro ending.
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Don thanks! I know enough about sound editing, to know that I don't know NUTTIN!! My son is a sound engineer in Austin, so I'm going to pick his brain whenever I can! Someone mentioned about taking a Garage Band course from mac.... wouldn't be a bad idea.... I do much better with someone showing me stuff, rather than trying to figure out stuff from a tutorial!
  9. KeithMcIsaac
    KeithMcIsaac
    That was lovely.
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Clear and refreshing sound, Barb. Makes me want to walk out on a bright sunny morning in spring.
    I played it a hundred times to find out what that whisper at 00:01 is saying
  11. Susanne
    Susanne
    http://www.onmvoice.com is another good way to share mp3 files. I think you can embed a player but I'm not sure if it would work here. Otherwise you can link to the site. At least easier than to scroll down to that thread on the Cafe.
  12. Susanne
    Susanne
    Barbara, just listened to your recording. It sounds wonderful!!!!!! Veery nice clean picking!
  13. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Bertram, what WAS the whisper saying? The TV was going in the next room when I was recording the chords, so that was probably the source!

I wish it was sunny and spring!
  14. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Great Concerto, Barbara!
    And motivation for me to practice it again.
  15. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    I wonder what the most authentic version of O'Carolan's Concerto is?
    I have two versions: one in the Fiddler's Fakebook and the other in a mandolin tune book published in Germany. They show significant differences.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Manfred
  16. Eddie Sheehy
    Whichever one Barbara played.
  17. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    I've just uploaded a version of Carolan's Concerto recorded on ukulele -- it's retuned to GDAE mandolin tuning, so I figure it's right at home here on the Cafe! Kala slimline uke with Aquila nylgut strings for fifths tuning.

It's the Mandozine TablEdit version (which seems much the same as how everybody plays it anyway).

Martin
  18. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    I had the resonator tenor guitar out today, so I recorded Carolan's Concerto. Bit of an exercise in dexterity with the longer scale length, but fun.

Martin
  19. Grommet
    Grommet
    Very nicely done David. The lower key does sound good and reminded me of Scott T's You Tube version and other You Tube takes on guitar. I have been playing around with the D mando versionlately, and same for Loftus Jones.

Scott C.
  20. Jim Baker
    Jim Baker
    X: 71
    T:O'Carolan's Concerto
    % Nottingham Music Database
    S:O'Neil's, via EF
    M:4/4
    L:1/4
    K:D
    P:A
    (3A/2B/2c/2|"D"dd/2d/2 "G"dc/2B/2|"D"A/2B/2G/2A/2 FA|"A7"EA "D"DA|\