R: jig
    K: Dmaj
    d2e fdB|d2e fdB|AFE ~E3|AFE EFA|
    d2e fdB|d2e fdB|AFD ~D3|AFD DFA:|
    |:~B3 BAF|ABc dcB|AFE ~E3|AFE EFA|
    ~B3 BAF|ABc dcB|AFD ~D3|1 AFD DFA:|2 AFD D2f||
    |:~g3 faf|ede fdB|AFE ~E3|AFE E2f|
    ~g3 faf|ede fdB|AFD ~D3|1 AFD D2f:|2 AFD DFA||

Here's a jig I like to play. Very easy to learn and goes well with many other tunes.
    On the new Jack Spira zouk, tuned GDAD.
    ~Kyle

2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Sounds great, Kyle! We play this tune as Muenster Buttermilk, we may have another part to it, or play it a little differently, but basically the same tune...
  3. mculliton123
    mculliton123
    Kyle, great tune and playing but I'm confused (so what ELSE is new?). I copied the ABCs into TablEdit with normal tuning settings and the MIDI plays the tune just like yours. shouldn't the notes on the E string all sound one tone Sharp? or did you transpose the ABCs you posted to the non-standard tuning you used? I like to experiment with non-stand tunings, expecially on Guitar, so i'm curious how this works with the ABCs. If that don't make a lick o' sense, just ignore my iggerence
  4. Kyle Baker
    Kyle Baker
    I didnt read this .abc file... just found one on the session to share. I play it the way I heard it by Andy Irvine and Donal Lunny.

Thanks
  5. Eddie Sheehy
    The notes on an E string would be the same notes on an E tuned to D - the fingering would be different however, but the ABC would be the same...
  6. mculliton123
    mculliton123
    Sorry, i convert the ABC to TAB so i would have to sharp all the E string notes by 2 frets if tuned GDAD?
  7. Eddie Sheehy
    No. You would have to TAB them sharp on a D string... The ABC is for standard tuning.
  8. mculliton123
    mculliton123
    OK, that's what i meant, the E string is tuned down 2 tones to D, then add 2 frets UP on the TABS, gotcha! makes sense, sorta.
    Thx Eddie
  9. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Great playing, Kyle. Boy howdy, does that zouk fill the room with sound or what? You must be breaking it in just right.
  10. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely stuff there Kyle, and your new bouzouki is sounding great!

I know the Munster Buttermilk and the version I play is very different to this tune, some similarities though.
  11. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Jill, I've seen notation for another tune called Munster Buttermilk that was different.... maybe I can get around to posting mine!
  12. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    If I get a moment this week I'll try to post mine as well!