Polls ~From Now On They'll be Posted Here!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is a link to week #70 poll. Winner announced Friday, August 27.
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is a link to week #71 poll. I'm going to be gone on Friday, so I'll post the winner on Thursday, September 2.
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #72 poll. Winner announced Friday, September 10.
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #73 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, September 17.
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #74 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, September 24.
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #75 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, October 1.
  7. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    It's Wednesday, and only 4 people have voted???? What's the deal?
  8. jamann
    jamann
    No bluegrass!
  9. Eddie Sheehy
    I'll go Cajun
  10. Steve Jeter
    Steve Jeter
    I voted ,,, vote early , vote often
  11. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Wow, now we have a 4 way tie for first place, 3 votes each!
  12. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Wow, does that actually mean I won't be the sole voter on the tune I like this week? I was beginning to think I might be cursed.
  13. mculliton123
    mculliton123
    I see my name but i do not remember voting,hmmmm, guess it's a chicago sorta thing.
  14. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    The voting is REAL close this week, so I'll try to keep the polls open till noon!
  15. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here we are again.... Wednesday, and just 3 votes! Come on, guys!
  16. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Well it was brought to my attention that I forgot to post the link to this week's poll! Sorry about that!

Here is the link for week #76 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, October 8!
  17. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #77 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, October 15.
  18. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I'm back! Here's the link to week #78 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, October 22.
  19. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #79 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, Oct 29.
  20. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    bump
  21. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link for week #80 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, November 5.
  22. jhuesgen
    jhuesgen
    Bump! for those who did not see that the new poll is up (I have been waiting, it got smothered by other topics). almost a 3 way tie too!
  23. jhuesgen
    jhuesgen
    very close race
  24. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Just a note, since there is so much interest, and such a close 'race' this week, I'll leave the poll open till close to noon, before announcing the winner. Vote, if you haven't!
  25. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #81 poll. Winner announced Friday, November 12 (possibly early)
  26. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    It's too hard to choose! Can't we do them all?
  27. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Michael, that's the beauty of this group! You can do them ALL, post them, and others will follow!
  28. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #82 poll. Winner announced Friday, November 19.
  29. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #83 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, November 26.
  30. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Just a note... 40 Pound Float looks like the same tune as John Ryan's Polka from what I could tell on You Tube.
  31. Martin Whitehead
    Martin Whitehead
    Quite right Marcelyn. 40 Pound Float seems to be an alternate name for John Ryan's, which we've done.
  32. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I didn't realize that 40 pound float was the same tune as John Ryan's Polka, however, John Ryan's polka has had a run as an "other tune" but has not been an "Official Tune of the Week" tune. We have had other tunes that have been both. For some reason, more people seem to participate on tunes that are 'official'. So, if you want this tune to be an "offical tune", go ahead and vote for it!
  33. Eddie Sheehy
    Actually it's not. The 40 Pound Float is also known as the 4 Pound Cheque. In 1974 Planxty recorded a medley of Polkas on Cold Blow and the Rainy Night. - Dennis Murphy's/The 4 Pound Cheque/John Ryan's. A lot of the "Album" descriptions only show 2 tunes in that medley - Dennis Murphy's and The 4 Pound Cheque, leading many to assume that John Ryan's was in fact a mixture of two tunes. There was a "challenge" to play this medley on the CBOM section of the Cafe and it spilled over to the Song-A-Week group aeons ago. I know you'll find the 40-pound float as an aka on John Ryan's on Youtube, The Session.org, etc. Sure on TheSession.org almost all tunes are an aka of each other... Anyway, if the 40-pound Float wins, I'm playing the 4 Pound Cheque - and I'll toss in Dennis and John.
  34. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Hey, I'm doubly glad I voted for it in ignorance before checking out You Tube then. I love that tune.
  35. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is a link to week #84 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, December 3.
  36. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #85 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, December 10.
  37. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Ya'll!!!! This week we have a 3 way tie, with the other two tunes right behind! I'll leave the poll open till noon-ish (CST)... please vote!
  38. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #86 poll. Winner to be announced late Thursday, December 16, as I'm planning on hitting the road on Friday morning!
  39. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Just a reminder that I'm going to post the winner of this week's poll late this evening, so I don't have to be worrying about remembering to do it in the morning before I hit the road. I'm going to be out of pocket for a few days while traveling!
  40. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #87 poll. Winner to be announced Thursday, December 23.
  41. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is a link to week #88 poll. Winner to be announced Thursday, December 30~
  42. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is a link to week #89 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, January 7.
  43. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is the link to week #90 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, January 14.
  44. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is a link to week #91 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, January 21.
  45. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Here it is!
  46. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Michael, thanks for bumping this up. Just a reminder, for you regulars who know how things work around here. I try to post the new poll sometime between the time I announce the week's winner, and Monday. It's always going to be posted in the regular forum, in the Song and Tune Projects. So, instead of needing to find the link here in the social group, just click on over to the Song and Tune Projects forum in the regular forum section of the cafe, and look for the discussion. That forum doesn't have as much traffic, so the most recent poll is usually pretty easy to find! If you get there, and don't find it, it means I haven't posted it yet!
  47. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is a link to week #92 poll. Winner to be announced Friday, January 28.
  48. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Week 92 poll question: Which "Green Willis" are we talking about? There's an old-time Emmett Lundy (fiddle legend born 1865) "Green Willis" that is a jig, AKA "Chapel Hill Serenade," "Chapel Hill March," AKA "Over the River to Charley's," AKA "New Rigged Ship," according to Fiddler's Companion. Or, if you use ABC tune finder, there's a "Green Willis" reel that is a totally different tune. I'm thinking the 6/8 tune, with the most matching aliases, is the one? LATER: Of course, tonight I see the version in the Fiddler's Fake Book is the 4/4 reel. Hmmm.
  49. Eddie Sheehy
    So who suggested Green Willis and which tune did they have in mind? Jig or Reel? or either, or both?
  50. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    I didn't suggest it, but that reel is definitely prety.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast