Any mando teachers in Lake County?

1. PoetMom
    PoetMom
    Hi, I am new to Mandolin Cafe and new to this group. I have in vain been searching for a mandolin teacher in my area for a long time. I picked up the mandolin about a year ago after playing violin off and on my whole life. I am focused on classical and Celtic, and at this point I would say I'm intermediate. Marilynn Mair's book has been extremely helpful, but I feel I've been at the same place for awhile. I would love to sit down with a teacher who can coach me specifically on tremelo and other right-hand issues. Does anyone know of someone in Lake County or not too far from it? I'm basically half-way between Chicago and Milwaukee. Thanks for your time!
  2. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    I have a friend in Crystal Lake, Eric Horne, who plays mando but has been playing violin or fiddle in an orchestra as of late, at least from what I've heard.

Eric's email is Eric_Horne@afbisinc.com <Eric_Horne@afbisinc.com>. Drop my name, Joe Nobiling, as referring you to him.

Chirps Smith lives up near Volo, I believe, and would be a fine teacher but I'm not so sure he'd be the one for classical mando.

Best,
    Joe
  3. PoetMom
    PoetMom
    Hey, thanks for the info, Joe. I'm close to Volo! Do you have info on Chirps Smith?
  4. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling