La Procidana

1. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    Ahhh, there's nothing nicer than an old Italian fisherman's love serenade. This one actually contains lyrics which you won't hear me sing (you're welcome!). This 2/4 rhythm imitates the soothing rowing motions while the words are inspired by the sea and the women the fishermen loved. Enjoy!

TABS/Standard Notation are now available at pluckinstrings.com

2. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice tune and playing, Jason! I love barcarolle-type tunes with that gentle rowing rhythm.

The tune is also in John T. La Barbera's great Mel Bay book of Traditional Southern Italian Mandolin Tunes -- I have recently found my copy again, having mislaid it a few years ago. I may try my hand.

Martin
  3. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Sounds fine, Jason!
  4. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Here is my version of this great tune, based on John La Barbera's book.

1898 Giuseppe Vinaccia mandolin
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar

Martin
  5. John W.
    John W.
    Very enjoyable tune, Jason and Martin, with nice variations in the playing from each of you.
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Very nice version, Martin, once again, the Vinaccia sounds as if it were built for this kind of music.
  7. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, John and Christian. I make it around 20 miles from the Vinaccia workshop in Naples to the island of Procida, so the mandolin is keening for home...

Martin
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nice playing Jason and Martin. Of course, the Vinaccia mandolin delivers the authentic sound.