Showers at Winfield

1. OKMike
    OKMike
    I was at an open mike in OK City last night and a guitar picker made a crack about the showers at winfield, he didn't elaborate. Now my wife is getting cold feet, worried about not having a clean place to shower. Can anyone elaborate on the shower situation? The photo on the WV website looked ok, but I'm a guy and don't require much in the way on amenities.

Mike
  2. GVD
    GVD
    Hmmmm I can only surmise that boy don't get out much. The showers are probably as clean as any public showers I've ever used. What is different about them is the lack of a roof. They are basically a semi type trailer that someone stripped down and put several shower stalls in. They actually provide more privacy than most public showers I've used since each stall is private and has it's own secure changing area. My only gripe with the showers is the cost.
  3. Dave Schimming
    Dave Schimming
    The "for pay" showers are basically two semi trailer beds converted to individual showers. I was thinking one was covered on top and the other open. I haven't seen a whole lot of problems here.
  4. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    The best thing about last year was free showers at the lake. A WHOLE lot of us smelled better as a result. The three bucks is plenty for a shower. If they raise it, I'll probably just stink.
  5. OKMike
    OKMike
    Thanks guys, that will relieve my wife.

Mike
  6. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    We're gonna need those showers, what with all that mud. I've got a good buddy who camps in the LOWEST point in the Pecan grove. He'd better bring flippers and a mask. He fishes out of the back of his van.
  7. OKMike
    OKMike
    That's funny, I was just thinking about catfishing. If the river is rising they should be biting!!!