Inquiry of knowledge please

1. ol trashfire joe
    I have come across what I believe to be a great find. It is a L DLX-E but it has blemishes, which is fine, bc I was able to talk the people down about $150, which puts the instrument at 300, my cost. My issue however is not the blemishes, but the two piece back seems to be either splitting, or has compressed together to make a ...? I don't know what you would call it, but it looks like a scratch almost, but perfectly on the seam where the two back pieces come together. Odd. All my time working on instruments, acoustic and electric guitars mainly, I have never seen anything like this. So I am wondering if anyone has heard of an issue like this before, not brand specific either, I mean any mandolin at all...or MK's, I just need to know if this is some precursor to something major. I appreciate any accurate advice or knowledge concerning directly with the issue of the back pieces. thank you

Cheers,
    -B.
  2. ol trashfire joe
    Here are the photos I was talking about and have been trying to post but have not been allowed to by the website oR BLABLA