Colorado Trail

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Are you ready for some Cowboy music?
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nice! Reminds me of my trips alongside and (almost) down to the Colorado.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Nice one, Christian.
  4. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice, Christian! I've long been a fan of this tune, ever since I first heard it on a Skip Gorman album many years ago. Searching for that recording on Youtube led me to the startling discovery that Skip has his own channel, but nobody has noticed -- 35 subscribers, and his very nice live home recording of Colorado Trail has got only 46 views over the past two years. Check Skip's channel out; it deserves more views!

I recorded my own version almost exactly ten years ago, in late 2011:

Martin
  5. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Absolutely Christian! Really nice renditions on you both. I really enjoyed both videos, the beautiful images from Christian and the historical photos from Martin.
  6. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, Frank! The historical photos in my video were stills and posters from the 1938 B-Western "The Colorado Trail", starring Charles Starrett -- the lead in 115 Columbia westerns over a 15 year period. I ran out of stills, so I added some landscape images.

Martin
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks Frithjof, John, Martin and Frank! Fine version, Martin, I especially like the beginning. Is that a tenor guitar playing the melody? Sounds good.
    I watched Skip Gorman's video and gave him a thumbs up.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nice version, Martin. And thanks for the link to Skip Gorman's channel.
  9. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, Frithjof and Christian. Yes, that's a tenor guitar on melody -- the Ozark, as I didn't yet have the Vintage Viaten I tend to use these days. For the second verse, the A-jr is playing an octave above it.

Martin