Mike Compton and David Grier

1. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    For all you Iowans close enough to visit Davenport I've recently learned that Mike Compton and David Grier will be playing at the River Music Experience in Downtown Davenport Iowa on the evening of September 30, 2009 at 8 p.m. (Doors open at 7) The ticket fee is $7!!! What a deal!!!!!

Not only that but your ticket gets you into a pre-show workshop at 4:30 p.m. with these two fine pickers. Private lessons with either of these guys run around $45 per half hour!!! This is worth the drive to say the least.

Tickets are available online now.
  2. David M.
    David M.
    Very cool. I WILL be there for that one, that's for sure. Great venue to see guys like this, too.

It's in the Redstone Room upstairs at RME, by the way. Not Mojo's.

This made my day. Glad I checked the cafe...
  3. maj34
    maj34
    I'll be there, and I'll hopefully be bringing a bunch of folks from the Iowa City area with me.
  4. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    The workshop for Compton and Grier is free to advance ticket holders and $3 to others.
  5. H.P.
    H.P.
    Thanks for keeping us posted on events like this, Joe. There seems to be quite the bluegrass scene in the Quad Cities. Wish it wasn't 3 hours away for me.
  6. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Don't know how much of a bluegrass scene it is here, H.P. but seems there's a jam session almost every weekend during the Fall, Winter, and early Spring. Once festival season hits that slows down a bit.

This weekend there's the Barnes Family bluegrass fest out in Aledo, IL but as you say, it's 3 hours for you to come here. But gettin' Compton and Grier here really only happened because Mike Romkey's taking lessons from Compton and the timing was right.