Ой не ходи Грицю

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    I found this song in Astute Music's 65 Easy Tunes. Its name there is Don't go Gregory.But on Youtube, I only found few versions of this song. so I translated it to German and found a little more. One of them also has the Ukrainian title, that I copied and pasted. Here is my 2018 treatment of this song:

Looking for songs to practice the 3rd position, I remembered it, transposed it from a to d and recorded it:
  2. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Nicely done and those are some good looking potatoes. Did you come up with the second part on your own or was that in the arrangement? I’m trying to learn to write harmony parts, so if that’s your doing, please share some insight into your process. Thanks!
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Christian, you produce a clean and ringing tone in the third position.
  4. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Nicely done, Christian! I believe Alison Stephens also used this tune in one her advanced beginners solo pieces for Astute. The reason why you didn't find more versions may be that in German it's usually just called "Gregor".

I recorded the tune solo on the Mid-Mo back in 2010, using a setting from a German campfire songbook:

Martin
  5. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks everybody.
    Michael, I didn't play no harmony part. just a single mandolin. It may be, that ther fingerpicked guitar accompaniment is what sounds like a second mandolin.
    Martin, nice version a little faster than my upper register struggle.
    Michael Reichenbach plays Alison Stephenson's variations on this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P4ltMR4ngU