Moon River

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is my instrumental cover of "Moon River", from the soundtrack of "Breakfast at Tiffany's". It's based on an old leadsheet from the defunct Wikifonia website. The melody is straightforward, but there are 17(!) different chords in the accompaniment, keeping me on my toes...

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello

Martin
  2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That is a lot of chords! You have added another classic that sounds good on mandolin. And I've still never seen the film.
  3. Bren
    Bren
    I started off determined to count the chords but soon got lost in the sounds.
    Well done Martin
  4. Bren
    Bren
    I've not seen the film either but I just watched the Moon River sequence in YouTube. It does seem as if Audrey is playing the guitar herself with somewhat simplified chords, but again I could not count the chords due to camera angles etc
  5. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely stuff Martin!
  6. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks for all those nice comments -- much appreciated! I have now uploaded the lead sheet here:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/a...4&d=1615398344

Martin
  7. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great recording Martin. I have also recorded this classic five years ago, but that was tremolo overkill, so I think I'll rerecord it when I find the time.
    And thanks for the lead sheet!
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Beautiful, Martin! Melody and chords sound great. Thanks for the sheet music, too.
  9. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Today I finally found the time to record this Henry Mancini classic. The arrangement is from a book with duets for classical guitar and flute, but it also works with the mandolin playing the melody:
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Great renditions Martin and Christian, I picture Hepburn out in the moonlight with her mandolin, figuring 50 ways to leave her lover...
  11. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Every tone clear like a bell, Christian. Great.
  12. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Good performances, both of you.