Identifying KC area mandolin players

1. Scott Tichenor
    Scott Tichenor
    Be fun to actually figure out who some of the people in our area... KC, Topeka, Lawrence, etc. are that hang out here on the message board.
  2. dougiebe
    dougiebe
    Hi Scott. Just checking in here. Met you the other night when you were playing with Bill C. at the Coffee Talk in Eudora. Great show, btw. Loved every minute of it as did all of my drunken friends! -dougiebe
  3. Scott Tichenor
    Scott Tichenor
    Yea, thanks for coming out. Are you friends with the guys down the street that play in the back yard? Been walking my dog down that direction but haven't seen them lately.
  4. dougiebe
    dougiebe
    Yep, those are all friends of mine. They're kind of a rowdy bunch but friendly and fun-loving. Hope to see you and Bill playing again sometime soon.
  5. willh
    willh
    I have been lurking on the board for over a year. I've only been playing mandolin about a year. I attend a lot of the ITM sessions in KC. So far, just to take pictures.

Will
  6. T Little
    T Little
    Willh- What are the ITM sessions in KC? I'm in Brookside and looking for some new things to do. Thanks.
    Tim
  7. willh
    willh
    Hi, Tim,

There is something going on most weekends in KC.

1st Saturday each month: Eddie Delahunt's Cafe& at 45th and Bell 2:00-4:00
    2nd and 4th Saturdays: The Gaf at Gregory and Wornall 3:00-6:00
    3rd Sunday: Irish Museum and Cultural Center, Union Station, 3:00-5:00
    3rd Thursday: Browne's Market, 33rd St. between Broadway and SW Trafficway, 6:30pm.

There is a KCIrishSessions group on Facebook.

Will
  8. HSI
    HSI
    I'm out in Lee's Summit and when I get around to playing I like to play a little swing, jazzy, free form stuff - I'm more of a singer-rhythm guitarist . Love bluegrass - just don't play much of it. It's on my ever expanding To-do list !! Always on the look out for a fiddle player. If you know of one, send them my way.
  9. Pdewalt
    Pdewalt
    Hey,

Just wanted to drop in & say 'hi'.

Lived in K.C. all my life. Started playing mando at age 10 with a Stella my folks bought for me for Christmas one year out of a sears catalogue.

I've got some higher quality instruments now.

Play a lot of different styles, no real favorites. Played in the bluegrass band at WOF for a year, played celtic music (tenor banjo & mandolin) in "The Strathspey Cats" for a couple of years. Love playing old time & novelty music.

Right now I'm working up a duet with a friend of mine I've known for years from our days at the conservatory - Kevin Hiatt (he plays a lot of fingerstyle guitar around town these days) playing more jazz & Paris lounge music - we call ourselves "The Durians".

Also been writing music for mandolin orchestras. Gets performed occasionally overseas. Wish K.C. had one.