Templehouse Reel/Monaghan Twig

1. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    After Lawrence posted Monaghan Twig in another Discussion I rediscovered it as a nice follow-up for the Templehouse Reel.

Keeping the window open for several takes is going to get difficult with winter coming, but I am trying to sit as one defiant

The last round of Monaghan Twig is enhanced with my discovery of a mellotron on GarageBand, an instrument I have always loved since I heard Prog Rock bands in my youth.
  2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I like this a lot. The mellotron sound is a very interesting addition, and - like you - I have fond associations with it. What drives the set, of course, is your customarily excellent octave mandola playing. I hope the neighbours enjoyed this. If not, they have no taste.
  3. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    I love it. Rock solid playing as usual and mellotron to boot, I'm off to check on my version of GarageBand.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great playing on the octave, Bertram. I also like the addition of different sounds - like mellotron in this case.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Interesting take on the set, Bertram. Amazing what those synths can add to a tune. If I tried playing with windows open today the house would flood, I'm sure!
  6. Brian560
    Brian560
    Amazing playing Bertram
  7. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I don't know what Garage band is but I might need one. This is one of the best I've heard from Bertram. I quite enjoy the open window series.
  8. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks all for your kind words.
    Ginny, GarageBand is the standard recording tool that comes with MacOS.
  9. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Very enjoyable Bertram. Makes me think of getting an octave mandolin.
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Bertram, you’re style makes every tune a special occasion!
  11. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    great stuff Bertram, im away to learn the templehouse now