My Home Town

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

Thank you to John Kelly for accompanying me on this tune. I didn't know how to post it with his version...so I'm sorry - it is here.
    My Home Town is (on the outskirts) of Penetanguishene, Ontario on the southern tip of a huge bay called Georgian Bay, part of Lake Huron. All pics (except the lead-in) are either mine as the leaves are turning or the town's tourism bureau.
    Composed by Piper Major J McLellan DCM (1875-1949)
    Thank you again, John !!
  2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Yay Ginny and John. Beautiful, and really agile, canny accompaniment too!
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I really like this version of yours and the pictures suit the tune so well. Your home area is very beautiful.

Re posting on the thread I started back in August, Ginny, just open the thread, go to "advanced" and then add your own video to that thread. I have added it for you to my original posting so that the two versions are together.
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Georgian Bay! - kind of takes me back to the 70s, when I spent a month with my aunt and uncle who used to live in Stoney Creek on the shore of Lake Ontario. They had a cottage in Rainbow Country, and from there we drove to Parry Sound one day and took the 30000 Islands Cruise of Georgian Bay. I might have narrowly missed meeting you!
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    A sweet declaration of love for your home town. Well performed, Ginny. With a tasteful accompaniment by John.

Connection to John's thread.
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks John. I will try that. Next time.
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Lovely town Ginny, made me think of Austria for some reason.
    More hiking vids please!
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks all. My town is indeed on a hill, Simon. If you look at Main St. it goes directly down the hill into the lake. Winter can be tricky.
  9. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    just lovely john and Ginny