Masquerade (Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni)

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This lovely waltz was among the very first batch of tunes that Evelyn ever posted on the Cafe, and in this Group, back in 2012. There are various discussions and recording in this thread: Link

We started playing Masquerade with our group back in 2012, and it has been a popular tune with everbody ever since then. So, here is my new lockdown recording. I'm starting a new thread as the old one has all the tunes mixed together.

1921 Gibson Ajr mandolin (x2)
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar (x2)

Martin
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    This is a beautiful waltz. I added it recently to my to-do list. The printed-out sheet music lies within the pile next to my instruments but unfortunately it looks quite untouched.
    Your recording sounds very pleasant, Martin. All voices are I great sync.
  3. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Well played Martin, it's a great tune and deserves more attention than it got the 1st time around. Not to be left out here is another excellent version from 2011.

4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Delicious! Thanks for posting your version here, David.
  5. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, David and Frithjof.

David: good to see your beatiful recording of this waltz again. I think the reason it didn't get the attention it deserved at the time was that the old recordings were in a collective thread for all of Evelyn's original tunes, rather than in a dedicated thread for "Masquerade".

Martin
  6. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Fine versions, and so different, from the two of you. A beautiful tune very tastefully performed.
  7. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Two top renditions, with which the composer would have been very pleased!
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Fine rendition Martin, like the sound track of a classic film set it Tuscany or somewhere. Lovely.
    And David yours too. I like the gallant, bold, striding rhythm.
    Well done, and thanks, it’s nice to hear for breakfast on this sultry summer morning.