Week #525 ~ The Iowa Waltz

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I'm posting this week's winner a little early, as I'm going to be on the road all day tomorrow.

This week's winner is The Iowa Waltz. It was written by Greg Brown. It's a simple tune with words.... so here's your opportunity to sing!

2. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    I'm hoping Barb will post a version this one, as my fellow Iowegian. We decided to do this for one of our upcoming Bucktown Revues, which we're posting on the Bucktown Revue Facebook page 7 p.m. Fridays in lieu of live shows, due to The Plague. They also can be seen YouTube and Vimeo.

3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I enjoyed that Mike and Korah. !!
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Mike (and gang)....that brought a tear to my eye! Lovely!
  5. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Lovely gig! You'll have to introduce us to the band.
  6. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Ha ha! Thanks. We do intros on the full videos. That's my wife Korah on guitar, a 1927 Martin parlor guitar she bought on our trip to Travis City, Mich. at the end of June. On bass is Teresa Fry, who is fabulous to play with. Her cousin, bassist Kevin Crouch, is a Nashville studio musician who plays and tours with virtually everybody, as is her other cousin, Tim, the fiddler. They all originally hail from Arkansas.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You capture an authentic feel to this nostalgic waltz, Mike and co. At least what I, as a Scot, think is an authentic sound for an old western song.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Nice to see you all singing and playing together Mike. Nice singing and that double bass really adds something to it. Thanks.