Bonnie Strathmore

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Here is another Scottish Waltz, this one written by top accordion player Gordon Pattullo (composer also of The Furrow's End which I have uploaded here previously). It was inspired by the view from Gordon's home overlooking the Sidlaw Hills in the Perthshire and Angus areas of Scotland. The harmony part is from the book of original compositions by Gordon that I am lucky enough to own.

Played on octave, mandolin and guitar and recorded via REAPER.

Simon was asking recently on another thread for more slow airs, so this is close, Simon.

2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Nice relaxed style John, like a spectacular view. That octave is sounding quite good too!
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    That is so very pretty John. The instruments singing together in harmony or unison is very beautiful. I'm taking a cue from Martin and will record Sunset Over Ayr..also Pig Angle Rag..for fun.
    I took down the Snowbirds Tribute as someone on Facebook - who didn't even look at the video was violently upset by the Title 'Take My Breath Away'. (due to the issues going on in the US right now). It's a rough time for them right now and i don't want to make it worse. I'll save it for another time. Maybe.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    I enjoyed your recording very much, John.
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Pure painkiller, John. There is no better way to tell anybody they're home and dry.
  6. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, all. Always good to get positive responses from fellow players.
  7. Brian560
    Brian560
    Nice playing John, and a very nice tune.
  8. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    When you watch the video at normal size, it looks like there is a mandolin sticker on the flowerpot. It says:"John Kelly-subscribe). It fits exactly...
    Anyway, another nice slow tune, wonderfully played.
  9. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, Brian and Christian. I like your idea of the subliminal advertising for gaining more subscribers, Christian. Maybe I can start adding in phrases that give out a message if you play the tune backwards? Remember the suggestions that heavy metal bands were doing just that many years ago with demonic messages to corrupt their young fans. I had forgotten till you posted your comment.
  10. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I was going to write that I'd like this to be played at my funeral, but I don't want to alarm people because I'm still quite healthy. What I mean is that this tune as you play it has so much peace and beauty that it could heal the world.
  11. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Beautiful tune and wonderfully played, John. Thanks. Needed a tune like this one.