Please vote on Week #521 poll!

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Hi all! I see forgot to post the revisted poll winner last Friday (so I'll do it next Friday, May 15), and I was getting around to posting the winner of this weeks poll, but see it's so close, that I thought I'd give people who haven't voted, a chance to vote, and see if we can have a clear winner!

Here's the link to the poll!
  2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Dennis, Ginny and Bertram can I use your votes, please?
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Ok, 4 of you voted, but we STILL have a tie!
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Sorry Barbara - I was out for the day ...I have never heard of any of these so I would like to leave it to those who have. But thank you.
  5. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    What’s the tie breaker? Bill Monroe song pulled out of the hat?
  6. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    As far as I can see in the poll thread itself, Glory in the Meeting House has won by one vote. It may not be a tie any more if that information is correct.
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    But Dennis, not all the votes have been counted, there are the overseas votes too, and then there’s the name checking. For example, JC voted for Glory, who is that mandolinist?
    -this entire voting process could take some time.
    I think I’m just going to have to learn all three tunes whatever their names are.
  8. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I am like Ginny - the tunes are all unknown to me, so I will skip this one. We have plenty to be going on with, with the re-runs and Other Tunes, etc.
    Simon, learning all three should fill up a good half hour for you!

I have realised that over the ten years I have been in this group I have played and recorded many tunes picked up from the group polls and in spite of recording and posting them I have not actually learned them but just played them from the notation. It is on looking back over old recordings that I realise how many I had actually forgotten about! Is this something others find too, or is it just age creeping up on me, who was just 6 months old on VE Day?
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I was thinking that if I played each of the 100 tunes I’ve recorded in the last year, and seriously 100 tunes isn’t that many compared to the real old timers, and I played them once, slowly then it would take me nearly four hours, non stop. That’s just replaying the tune once.

Now in the last month I went a bit manic/100%, and recorded 60+ tunes, and now I can pick up a simple tune quite quickly. Whereas only a month ago I definitely couldn’t, and a year ago I seriously couldn’t even play 1 tune after two weeks of practice...
    So my conclusion is that with practice and repetition anyone can do the same, and for everyone to benefit we need to all work together on familiar, simple tunes that we will play often, and enjoy.
    The last tune I recorded was fun because finally I was familiar enough with it, and the required techniques, that I was free to feel the tune.

What’s the next re-visited tune to do? Maybe we could do special versions, harmonies, history of that?
  10. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Come on you guys... 24 hours later, and we are still at a tie!