Here, there and everywhere

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Sorry for my absence from SAW for the last week. But my laptop didn't work anymore, and I seem to be the last person who lives in a household without tablet or smartphone. But today, I got my repaired laptop back, and I can start working on something different than keeping my fingers in shape. I found a song, I guess I never presented here: a Paul McCartney song from 1965, I believe. I played it on an oval hole Mandolin and a ukulele with low G-string:
  2. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Absolutely lovely, thanks for brightening my day.
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Excellent interpretation! That's a great listen.
  4. Bad Habbits
    Bad Habbits
    Christian - Very nicely done, I thought your use of tremolo was very tastefully applied.

I would have never thought about playing this lovely song on the mandolin. Just goes to show how one can get into instrument-induced genre rut

Thank you.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really nice to hear Christian. Wonderful tremolo too.
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Very peaceful, Christian. Thanks for this present.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    That tune is so suited to the mandolin and the arrangement you have given it here with the uke, Christian. Beautiful performance, and glad your laptop is repaired!
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    That is absolutely beautiful CC. I love it !! Great choice of song. btw, I do not have a phone other than to make phone calls and texts..nor do I have a tablet.
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Paul would be proud, Chris. Playing outside the box and getting away with it!
  10. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks everyone! It seems I'll have to do some more Beatles tunes with uke accompaniment.
  11. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    CC - I am suggesting..I WILL by the Beatles. I love that song.
  12. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    ‘In my life’ is one I’d like to hear, Christian (and others), thanks.