The Braemar Gathering

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    I am on a quest to preserve my sanity during this period of lockdown, and have the idea of going through a lot of my favourite tunes and recording them, firstly for me but also for anyone who might feel the need for a bit of light relief right now.

Remember Jill McAuley's sterling efforts on her year-long tune-a-week project recently? I won't attempt that, but just some tunes as the notion takes me, and it took me again today!

Played once again on my octave with Lowden guitar backing, and dedicated to all of us who are stuck at home for the foreseeable future. Keep calm and play music!

2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Lovely tune John, I really like that one, nice timing /tempo too, thanks
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great tune, John.
    I like the idea of watching some more great videos by you within the next days and weeks.
  4. Grappler50
    Grappler50
    That was great John thank you!
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    John does seem to find these hidden gems somewhere. That is a lovely tune. Has great poise.
  6. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    While working I put your videos in the background.
    I like it! Thank you.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, all. Pierpaolo, I am glad the tunes are giving you a bit of a lift in Lombardy at this moment. We are all in this together.
  8. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Sounds really fine, John!
  9. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Now that's what an authentic and tasteful Scottish snap sounds like! Some players seem to overdo it, but what I really like about your playing is that it lets the melody flow and just adds that nice skip to it.
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Missed out on that, but now it is instantly working as prescribed. Two, with a swig of water