Tralee Gaol (also known as the Green Cockade)

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Sorry I couldn’t limit the volume on the stomp box...

https://youtu.be/hDX3ANHJ4Zk
  2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Normally, I tend to associate polkas with a "zombie walk" character, but your rhythm gives this one a sense of lighthearted education.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You get a lovely lift into this tune, Simon. Very fine picking.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Bertram and John, yes I was thinking of a film, a chain gang of smiling Dwarfs and Hobbits.
  5. crisscross
    crisscross
    Nice playing and sound on your octave mandolin Simon!
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I was thinking of a film, a chain gang of smiling Dwarfs and Hobbits

Thought so
  7. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    lovely stuff Simon, great sounding instrument
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I thought the stomp box was your foot..like keeping the cat quiet.
  9. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Another good recording, Simon. You are quite productive these days.
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Lawrence, the instrument actually sounded pretty bad when I first got it, my family said it was just the way I was playing it!
    No, no, no, Ginny it’s a choice between mice and rats and the cat.
    I’d never kick the cat.
    Frithjof, I felt a bit embarrassed the other day to see my name all the way down the list of tunes, so please keep on commenting!
    By the way I subscribed to yours and John Kelly’s YouTube channels and immediately my search results in YouTube improved.
    Out of the sewer, so thanks again!
  11. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    The joys of this newfangled internet contraption, Simon. It shrinks the world we live in and creates friendships for us with like-minded folk who often live not just in other parts of the country but in different continents. The SAW group is just such a collection of musical buddies. Long may it continue!
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Simon, I would never suggest you kick your cat. It seems too cute and likes to add melody to your songs sometimes. I was merely suggesting maybe stepping on it's tail occasionally. I'm kidding !!