Raindrops keep fallin' on my Head

1. crisscross
    crisscross
    In my attempt to play well known songs from successful movies on my tenor guitar,
    I tried this song from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
  2. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    This is the season to do it, I guess! Nicely done.
  3. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice, Christian - I like the tenor guitar melody!

I recorded this tune a few years ago on mandolin and tenor guitar, using my Embergher bowlback:

Martin
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nice song and two very good recordings. I too like the sound of the tenor guitar for melody.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Fine music, CC. and Martin.
    Thanks for the motivation, Ok, today it’s tremolo practice.
  6. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Congratulations, both. It is a very catchy tune.
  7. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Two very nice versions of a favourite song of mine...I have seen this movie so many times I think I could recite the lines. And just what was she doing biking around with Butch when she was Sundance's girl?
  8. crisscross
    crisscross
    WOW! Thanks for the nice replys, I haven't watched this place since I posted my version of this song, and I didn't expect six answers.
    Fine version Martin! Your Emergher sounds great, got to get one for myself one of these days...
  9. lflngpicker
    lflngpicker
    I have mandolin and vocal version of the same.
  10. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Nicely done lflnpicker. I enjoyed that.
  11. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Great singing, lflnpicker -- I'm always envious of those who can accompany their own voice. When I try to sing, I tend to get demands to stop immediately...

Thanks for the kind comments on my old recording as well. I suspect the reason that it's Butch on the bike was that Paul Newman could ride the bike better than Robert Redford. Apparently, the scene was meant to be filmed with a stuntman, but Newman was the better cyclist and did it himself.

Martin
  12. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I need singing lessons! Well played, well sung, a real treat.
  13. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really nice singing, thanks. Great chords you’re playing there too.
    I still have to learn to sing with the octave I bought. Find I can’t concentrate on the instrument and sing at the same time, but be warned, it will happen sometime soon! Ha, ha.
  14. crisscross
    crisscross
    An oval hole mandolin and a nice voice, who needs more?
  15. lflngpicker
    lflngpicker
    What a reward to participate! I didn't understand what this group was for-- I thought it was a songwriting thing. Now, I get that it is songs to focus sharing of/on. Thank you, though I too have envy for the faster, more skillful players of instruments. I learn so much from all of you on the MC!
  16. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    ————
    (I must remember not to write on the forum late at night/early morning.)
  17. lflngpicker
    lflngpicker
    Simon DS, A wise recommendation to all of us .