Gentle On My Mind

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Hi Folks, It's been a minute since I posted here so I thought I'd post my version of this great song.
  2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    If there is a way to make the mood of John Hartford's song even more relaxed, this is it
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    As Bertram says, this version is so laid back it is nearly horizontal. Very listenable.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great performance (mandolin and voice), Frank.
    The pictures are great, too. I would like to watch each for a few seconds longer.
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Oh I really like this. Your voice captures the essence of this song so well. Thank you for bringing it to us. I remember it more as a Gordon Lightfoot song, as a Canadian. That's two new subscriptions in one day...excellent. It's also nice to see something different every now and then, it challenges us to go outside the box. I am always leery of posting one of my movie theme covers but I so love doing them.
  6. crisscross
    crisscross
    Elvis Presley, Alison Krauss, Molly Tuttlle, Glenn Campbell...
    They all sang this song.
    But I didn't know it.
    Until I heard the great version of Frankdolin!
  7. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thanks so much to everyone for the kind words. Shout out to Frihjof for mentioning my photos. Coming from fellow musicians, who know and appreciate music, your thoughts mean the most to me. I did this song this way to pay my respect to Mr. Hartford and show that,to me, it is one of the most endearing love songs ever written.
  8. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That's different, in a very good way. Nice to see a song, and a name from this group's illustrious past! I'm already looking forward to your next recording.
  9. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    I much prefer this more relaxed version to the quick pace of Glen's rendition. It fits the song better and is very nice.