The Snowstorm (Molly Mason)

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is a waltz from the repertoire of Jay Ungar & Molly Mason, which I have learned from the free PDF transcription on their website:

http://jayandmolly.com/wp-content/up...g-Fiddler-.pdf

I've played the accompaniment on tenor guitar and have added a mandocello bass line.

Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar

Looks like I've beaten crissscross to this Jay & Molly waltz...

Martin
  2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Like being lost in a white out in the wilds, this piece is really impressive Martin. Your mando cello is positively threatening!
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Delicious.
  4. crisscross
    crisscross
    Beautiful arrangement and recording, Martin! I really like the harmonic minor chord progression of this tune.
    A little different from most other Jay and Molly tunes. I have the leadsheet, but haven't found the time yet to record it.
    But someday soon...
  5. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks for the kind comments! I think it's a bit different from their other tunes because it was written for piano accompaniment, not guitar. I added the mandocello because the chord progression contains a specific bass line which can't be integrated into my tenor guitar rhythm (not sure if it works on guitar). I think the recurring descending bass pattern is what atsunrise has picked up on.

Martin
  6. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Very beautiful Martin.
  7. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Very nice Martin. In Canada I can relate to the snow storms. I hibernate and make music.