See Emily Fly

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Gnarly, but time’s up. Take 5 has the neighbour’s loud banging on the floor right in the middle of the recording, ha, ha, so here it is...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S9uC5Hdm0tg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/32ep4fyrg6...20Fly.pdf?dl=0

(This ABC file but not in the same key, and the chords could be changed)
    X:1
    T: See Emily Fly
    Z:by Gian Marco Pietrasanta (Pantera)
    R: slide
    M: 12/8
    L: 1/8
    K: Bmin
    "Bm"Bdf g2f Bdf g2f|"A"e3 efe c2B A2c|
    "Bm"Bdf g2f Bdf g2f|"G"1efe "F#"c2A "Bm"B3 B2A:|2"G"efe "F#m"c2A "Bm"B3 Bde||
    |:f2b bag f2d def|efe efg g2f fde|
    f2b bag f2d def|1efe c2A B3 Bde:|2efe c2A B3 B3||
    |:c2A ced c2A cde|f2B g2e f2d B2d|
    c2A ced c2A edc|dcB c2A B3 B3:|
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A lovely tune and fine playing here. Thanks too for the links to the score.
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  4. crisscross
    crisscross
    Another beautiful slide, expertly executed on the octave mandolin!
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks John, Frithjof and Chris
    -yes, looks like I nailed that slide!
  6. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Great playing, great shirt!
  7. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice tune! Written by Gian Marco Pietrasanta whose own recording on tin whistle is here -- I think I prefer your OM version! The title is a reference to the 1967 Pink Floyd single "See Emily Play".

Martin
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thank you Gelsenbury and Martin,
    Glad you like the shirt too. I was going to wear something more psychedelic but didn’t want to go that far.

I love this tune, and Gian’s artist performance on the whistle is the business. Crooked, frenetic and surprising, these are the final moments of Barrett’s sanity.
  9. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I was listening intently, but didn't hear your neighbor's interception (maybe he was just trying to swat that Fly).
    Good swinging pace, inviting everybody for a dance.
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Sorry Bertram, I wasn’t clear about it. This is take 4.
    Take 5 is the one that has the neighbour in the middle of the tune banging away on my ceiling -which was funny, my neighbour and I both agreed, later.
    But Take 5 is also the one that has me jumping into the air, swinging the mandolin and using words that were appearing in my head.
  11. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    we need a thread with outtakes
  12. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    I agree, this is a great tune. Good Job atsunrise. I really like the OM version better too.
  13. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    This is such a good tune Sunrise...and all you guys are too funny I usually have barking dogs in my recording attempts and me swearing at them because I finally got that hard part and they ruined it !
  14. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    The ABC file has chords only for the A part. Do you have any suggested chords for the B and C parts, or do you use the same chord progression for the other parts as well?

Martin
  15. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Barking? No, singing.

Sorry, I had the chords in mind while playing but I can’t do any audio editing at the moment so there’s no accompaniment. The chords for this one can definitely be colorful, m7’s etc.
    I’d probably try different progressions for the C part. What do you guys think?
  16. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Oh, thank goodness for that Martin, thanks for crediting Gian. I’d forgotten to do that on my YT site and he reminded me! ... ooops.