Hardanger fiddle

1. catmandu2
    catmandu2
  2. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    There isn't much chat about hardanger fdl online that I've found over the years. I thought I might try to put my experiences learning hdgfl here .. Last year I learned a handful of tunes, then spent most of the time playing accordion, refurbishing an old harp, buying a house, home-schooling kids.. We got big snow a few weeks ago and I picked up the fdl again.. Still haven't the right bow, but using what I have. The wind and forests and snow inspire me.
  3. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    I read the Knut Hamre/Benedicte maurseth book - "To be nothing" - quite a look into S Nors trad.

4. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    Cool rendition of Nordafjolls - reminds me of the early Alan Stivell celtique albums

5. catmandu2
    catmandu2

6. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    Hauk Buen passed on the first of March. "Rosa" is particularly evocative for me.

7. catmandu2
    catmandu2

8. catmandu2
    catmandu2
  9. catmandu2
    catmandu2
  10. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    Knut Hamre, Hallvard Bjorgum, et al.

11. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    The Buens and Shetland folk festival/ Tom Anderson

12. catmandu2
    catmandu2
  13. catmandu2
    catmandu2
  14. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    I missed hdgfl this past fall and winter; i break it out as soon as the snow flies but last year it had to go to the shop - until this month when i got it back. THEN tailpiece fastener broke and i had to reattach the tailpiece Restringing a hdgfl is not my favorite.

15. catmandu2
    catmandu2
    A bit of devil on the wine keg - the pizz section is said to be the devil's heels knocking on the barrel.