The Wind and Rain

1. cwboal
    cwboal
    Hi All,
    I've been inactive here for a while; I'm pretty self-conscious about my playing and posting videos of my attempts. But I thought we had some strong thunderstorms today and it seemed a good opportunity to have a go with The Wind and Rain, a jig I learned from an Altan CD.

https://vimeo.com/334333422
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof

Very rainy.

The jig sounds great, too.
  3. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Great job on that Jig cwboal! I would definitely like to hear more from you. I saw all that rain and thought it looked like my yard near Fort Worth, Tx. Then I looked at your profile to see where you were located....Texas!! It definitely has been wet this year.
    Now I am going to see if I can find the music for that jig.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    It's listed in The Session with four settings.

https://thesession.org/tunes/13398
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I like that tune - you're out in the rain playing it and it's like the tune was made for that weather, they go together so well.
  6. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Thanks Frithjof. I downloaded it and have started to learn it. The Session comes through again!
  7. cwboal
    cwboal
    Thank you all for the kind words. It is a great little jig, but first time I ever splashed myself tapping my foot while playing!
    Hey, Frithjof, how did you get the video to post? All I could get to post was the link.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Hey, cwboal, I did it by try and error of course.

1. Hit the “+Reply” button, not the “Quick Reply”
    2. Only there you find some additional icons
    3. In the third row you find a red YouTube, a blue Vimeo and a yellow Soundcloud icon.
    4. Hit the Vimeo icon and you get a new little window where you enter your VIMEO tag. I typed in the nine numbers shown in your link. That’s all.
    5. Make use of the “Preview Message” button as often as you like before you hit the “Post Message” button.

I hope that makes sense.
  9. cwboal
    cwboal
    Got it Frithjof; thank you!
  10. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That's one of the most atmospheric videos I've seen here. There's always something special about outdoor music, and the jig and weather go together so well here.

I agree with the others that your playing needs more exposure here. It's certainly nothing to be self-conscious about. Great picking with beautiful tone, rhythm and musicality.
  11. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    great stuff CW, lovely jig and video