The Amelia Waltz-Maria Linnemann

1. crisscross
    crisscross
    Martin's Amelia by Bob Mc Quillen gave me the idea to post this here.
    Maria Linnemann is a Dutch guitar player and composer who concentrates on not-too-difficult guitar music for beginners and more advanced guitar students.
    She also composed a collection of sheet music for the Duo Recuerda http://www.duorecuerda.de/ called Musical Journeys https://www.trekel.de/Musical-Journe...ia-751574.html
    From this collection, I chose The Amelia Waltz.
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thats a nice find of sheet music. Thanks for the hint, crisscross.
    You performed the waltz very tasteful on both instruments.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What an atmospheric piece, Crisscross. Lovely arrangement and beautifully played. Balance between guitar and mandolin in your recording is very good too.
  4. Jess L.
    Jess L.
    Nice!
  5. crisscross
    crisscross
    Thanks Frithjoff, John and JL277z!
    Maybe I should try other pieces from this collection...
  6. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    lovely CC
  7. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Very beautiful. I really like the combination of classical guitar and mandolin. Butch Baldassari recorded an album with that combination titled "Cantabile: Duets for Mandolin and Guitar". It is one of my favorites and has, or at least had, a companion music book.
  8. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    Great playing of a very nice waltz; thank you.

Additional thanks to Robert B for reminding me of Baldassari's Cantabile. I enjoy the 3 CDs of his I have and will need to buy this one soon.
  9. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    I almost missed this one... what a wonderful tune and great performance crisscross. I'm from the Netherlands too but I've never heard of Maria Linnemann before. This is great material!
  10. crisscross
    crisscross
    Thanks gortnamona, Kay, Robert and Hendrick.
    I have the sheet music book for Cantabile and I'm planning to play something from it. Maybe Satie...
    Maria Linnemann was born in Amsterdam as far as I know, but she publishes predominantly in Germany.