Harvest Home

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Could not find this one in the lists, but it must have featured earlier at some point.
    Here is a version posted by Ginny Aitchison, who has her Celtic Mandolins page on YouTube and is my regular collaborator in our Scottish/Canadian projects which some of you will have seen and heard.

2. withAstyle
    withAstyle
    Thanks for posting this John, for some reason I cannot do it from here. John is very much front and centre in these tunes and I couldn't do them without him. He encouraged and supported me in starting up my own YouTube channel - called 'Celtic Mandolins'- Ginny Aitchison...
    I have most of the tunes with John who is still my collaborator and a few with my mando teacher Emory Lester. I thank you all sincerely for your support
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks to both of you, Ginny and John.
    To listen to your arrangement of the tune and to watch the choosen slide show made me happy.
  4. crisscross
    crisscross
    Very nice sound and fluid playing, I really like this!
  5. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    I really enjoyed this too. I went to the youtube site and subscribed. I am looking forward to future postings.
  6. luurtie
    luurtie
    I love it John, such a friendly sounding tune. Nice work!
  7. bbcee
    bbcee
    Here's the SAW thread, from way back in '09:
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/g...scussionid=710

The Newbies group also did it, in September 2017.

It's such a lovely melody, and so well-played by you two cross-Atlantic partners. Thanks for posting it!
  8. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, folks, and thanks to bbcee for posting original link. The transatlantic collaborations have been such fun, and we both hope to keep them going for some time to come.
  9. Kay Kirkpatrick
    Kay Kirkpatrick
    Thanks, Ginny and John! This is a wonderful tune and is one my dad used to play (at least a version of it) from my earliest memories.
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    I like those smiley straw bales at the end and the generally laid-back tempo where you can afford to actually pick your way through that descending run in each part.

I did that eight years ago (man I looked so much younger back then, must be the grainy cheap webcam I used), slightly less laid-back and jumping those descending runs with two HOPOs.

P.S. just realized I posted this in the other discussion bbcee pointed out, and said similar things - I'm not quick to change my mind, apparently
  11. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That was the first mandolin tune I ever recorded, back in my single and childless life! This was in 2011, and I looked much younger then too!