Newbie reporting in

1. jonfranzis
    jonfranzis
    Reposted from woodshed page as an intro.

Hi all, I am from down under in New Zealand. Have reached the age of reason and entered the age of wonder! Been playing classical guitar, started at 15 years old stopped at 15 years old. Restarted at 64 years old....cant remember much in between. Sure gone fast! Anyway, got bored in the woodshed so looked around for a group. Found a Mando orchestra! Bought a mando or 2 or 3 or more and am working towards joining the orchestra. Like waltzes, irish, Italian and bluegrass if I ever get fast enough. Look forward to playing along with you guys. Get to the US every now and then so maybe I'll see you there. (yes I know its BIG!)
  2. Kevin Stueve
    Kevin Stueve
    I played with our Kansas City Mandolin Orchestra's first season last year (after sitting at home playing by myself for 3 years). This year work got in the way. Definitely get out there and join in. Welcome to the group
  3. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Hi, jonfranzis, welcome!
  4. bbcee
    bbcee
    Welcome @johnfranzis, I think you'll find this group of knuckleheads fun to share & learn with I am jealous you've got a mando orchestra to play with!
  5. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Welcome to the newbies group, jonfranzis!
  6. FredK
    FredK
    Howdy, jonfranzis, and a big welcome.
  7. jonfranzis
    jonfranzis
    thanks for the welcome folks. look forward to many hours of enjoyment.
  8. Stacey Morris
    Stacey Morris
    Welcome jonfranzis!
  9. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    Welcome jonfranzis, don't be hesitant to ask questions and post videos. This group is the best
  10. Kato Lu
    Kato Lu
    I am new also.
  11. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Hi, Kato Lu, and welcome to the gang.
  12. Stacey Morris
    Stacey Morris
    Hi Kato! Welcome!
  13. Ellsdemon
    Ellsdemon
    Hi Kato, welcome to the group. To repeat what I said to jonfranzis, don't hesitate to ask questions.